Imereti is a region in Georgia, located in the middle and upper parts of the river Rioni. Imereti is divided into two parts - Upper and Lower Imereti. The administrative center is Kutaisi. Imereti consists of the following administrative-territorial units: Kutaisi, Zestafoni, Tskaltubo, Samtredia, Chiatura, Sachkhere, Terjola, Vani, Khoni, Tkibuli, Baghdati, Kharagauli.
It's important sightseeings are :
Cathedral of the Assumption of the Mother of Goddess, built in 1003, in the reign of Bagrat III (975-1014). on the hill of Ukimerion hill in Kutaisi. The monument is a monumental cathedral in Georgian medieval church architecture as its architectural solution, as well as historical and symbolic meaning. Since 1994 the Bagrati Cathedral is UNESCO World Heritage Site Monument.
Georgian architectural ensemble, the most important center of medieval Georgia. Is built by 11 km north-east of Kutaisi in the river Tskalsiteli valley. Founded in 1106 by David Aghmashenebeli. Restricted to the fence. Ensemble includes various periods (mainly XII-XIII cc). It is included in UNESCO World Heritage Sites list.
Monastic ensemble in Tkibuli municipality near Motsameta village. Located near the Gelati Monastery, in the valley of Tskaltsitela.
Is located in Western Georgia, on the urban territory of the town of Chiatura. It rises above the surface of the ground for 40 meters. It has the form of a right angle with the sides 0f 17 and 10 meters. The slopes of the Pole descend vertically and because of that climbing the Pole is possible only with special equipment.
Within the distance of 160 km to the West from Tbilisi is located Ubisa Monastery Complex. It consists of the church of St. George, 4-level tower with column, residue of the fence and lean-to of XVI century.Cathedral and tower are constructed with pumice stone, they are plainly ornamented and walls have some construction inscriptions. The main attractions of Ubisa are XVI century mural paintings performed by Damiane. These paintings represent mixture of Georgian and Byzantine style of painting.
Is located in Tskaltubo municipality, Village Gumbra, Banoja and khomuli territory, on Sataplia mountain, 500 m above sea level. Founded in 1935. includes Area of 330 ha.
Cave of Prometheus
Cave in Georgia, near the town of Tshaltubo. The cave was discovered in 1984 by the Institute of Geography, but it was opened to visitors only May 26, 2011. Cave of Prometheus assigned to category III according to the classification of the International Union for Conservation of Nature, the total length of the cave is 1600 meters.